Keith Carlson, RN, BSN, NC-BC
I’ve been a nurse since 1996, and I’ve worked in a variety of clinical settings, including home health, community health, case management, public health, hospice, and nursing education. I’m currently the Chief Nursing Officer/Director of Nursing for a home health agency in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
I’m a Board-Certified Nurse Coach (NC-BC) under the auspices of the American Holistic Nursing Credentialing Corporation, and am also certified as a Swedish Massage Practitioner, Kripalu Yoga Instructor, and Laughter Yoga Leader. I also have previous experience studying the visual arts and music.
Writing is one of my other passions in life, and I am a successful freelance nurse writer, and I’ve maintained my award-winning blog, Digital Doorway, since 2005. I have also been published in several non-fiction nursing books.
I’m the co-host of RNFM Radio, a wildly popular podcast for nurses. I recommend you tune in and listen to our extraordinary archive of interviews with dozens of stellar leaders in the worlds of nursing and healthcare.
In my own life, I’ve personally experienced loss, tragedy and trauma, as well as grief, joy, extensive travel, marriage, parenting, enormous personal challenges, and a deep desire to serve others. I feel that my nursing, writing and coaching can have an impact on the personal, organizational, local, regional and global levels, and it is my joy and humble honor to offer my services to you.
The most important things in my life are family, love, service, play, travel, compassion, friendship, healthy living, self exploration without self-indulgence, and personal and planetary healing.
I do not impose my beliefs on others and do not see myself as a special individual with “the right answers”. Rather, I use my coaching skills to guide my clients to identify what’s most important to them as they create and manifest their own unique life vision.
If you’d like to download my media kit to learn more about me, please click here. And if you have specific questions about either individual or group coaching, I offer a complimentary 30-minute strategy session to all prospective clients.
Some fun facts about me:
- I dropped out of two Philadelphia art schools in the early 1980’s.
- At 21, I bought a one-way ticket to London, and hitchhiked around Europe for a year.
- When I was a toddler, I refused to ride my tricycle, choosing instead to walk it like a dog.
- In 1989, my wife and I were married on a communal farm in southern Maryland. We were married by a Cherokee Medicine Priest who was also an ordained minister and a psychotherapist.
- In kindergarten, I brought my mother (an accomplished pianist and singer) for show-and-tell.
- In 2009, my wife and I sold our house and most of our belongings, bought an old RV, and traveled 10,000 miles in search of a new home. We settled in Santa Fe, New Mexico in 2010.
- What else would you like to know?
Thanks for stopping by!